Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Book Ends: Play Dirty

I finished reading a fictional novel last night that I wanted to share with my bloggie friends.

Play Dirty by Sandra Brown is set in Dallas and involves a juicy love story with the twist of murder, deception, and strange requests. The fictional cast of characters includes a former Cowboys Quarterback, CEO of a Dallas based airline, his wife, and Dallas Police Detectives. (The book also mentions the Texas Rangers which was an added bonus.)

Ms. Brown does a phenomenal job of drawing you in hook, line, and sinker with in the first few pages. The strange and emotional story of the quarterback make you continue to turn the page. Then, as the request of the CEO and his wife are brought to fruition, you can’t put the book down. Between the love story and the intense race to right the wrong, you’ll fly though this book in no time.

As an added bonus, this book has been on the shelves for a few years, so you should have no trouble finding this at Half-Price Books.

It’s a great easy summer read, but there are a few slow parts that could have been avoided. Her style of writing is simple yet complex and allows the reader to feel what the character feels.

Over all, I give it a 4 on a scale of 5.

Do you recommend another easy summer read?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Blue requested me to read "The Choice" by Nicholas Sparks.....Holy molley what a story...Great Love Story. Recommend it highly to anyone!! Be prepared it can get a little tough at times, but the overall read was so wonderful. It's defiantly a must read.....Would have never guessed it to be Blue's kinda of book, but I'm glad it was.....It has made our relationship stronger knowing he would even read such a book....!!! haha
Thanks for the tip on Sandra Brown, I like her but haven't read this book. I will... Thanks Kaylan..

Michelle said...

"The Choice" is great. Actually I like anything by Nicholas Sparks. I'll drop off "The Choice" so you can read it, or anything else by him. I have quite a few books from him, and all hard back which is great for by the pool, or travel between work and home.
PS. Great new blog look except we can't see the followers.

Michelle said...

Now I see your followers!

Post a Comment