Friday, July 10, 2009

My Friday Prayer

Dear Lord,

It’s Kaylan, again. Do you mind turning the heat down a bit, it’s really hot here. See what my car temperature gage told me yesterday?
I would prefer the temperature to not be this hot any more. I do thank you for the warmth, but we can use a break from all the heat.

Sincerely yours forever,
Kaylan
<><

I know what you’re thinking… I live in Texas and I shouldn’t complain, but my fingers almost blister up when I touch my door handle to open my car. Then, I climb into my sauna-on-wheels, known as a Ford Edge, and I continue to bake to a nice bubbly brown until the a/c can catch up. Let’s face it, 110° is bloody hot!

I do hope God hears/reads my blog-prayer because I would really like it to be less hot.

How do you beat the heat?

I prefer a nice margarita or an ice cold beer. The best place for cold beer is this place called The Pit BBQ in Saginaw. They keep their glasses so cold that when you get your beer it’s a slushy liquid! Mmm… beer.

And my pick for the best margarita is R.J. Gators in Hurst at the North East Mall. If you get the regular frozen Gatorita, it comes in a huge martini glass, and I mean huge, and there is a tequila topper on top. One of those things makes me loopy. Hola, margarita!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea baby! I heard that...The Pit ROCKS!!!
You are soooo funny...Love reading about your day to day life...Love-Carole

Post a Comment