Monday, July 13, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

It was a busy yet relaxing weekend.

I got up early on Saturday and restarted by gym membership. YEAH! I’ve been so down since I haven’t been able to workout as frequently. Sure, I could run out side, if I survived the heat. So I bit the bullet and started back. I’m pumped. After work today, I’m hitting up the gym… but I digress.

After the gym on Saturday, I went to my favorite grocery store and managed to be a frugal shopper! At Central Market, I snagged 2 ahi tuna steaks, 1 big bunch of asparagus stalks, 1 bottle of pinot noir from Oregon, and some spinach artichoke dip with garlic parmesan flat bread crackers.

After the grocery store, I swung by North East Mall to see Craig at work. I couldn’t tell you the last time I was at the mall!

Then it was back to the house to start on dinner. After searing the tuna and sautéing the asparagus, dinner was ready… very quick meal! We had a delicious, seemingly fancy, yet inexpensive meal at home before going to see Little Shop of Horrors at Bass Hall. Oh, it’s my favorite! I had a hard time not busting out in song with the cast. During intermission, they had a Thriller show in honor of Michael Jackson. My night was complete.

Sunday was a lazy day at home with house cleaning. Since Craig was working, I got caught up on some reading and finished my book – The Last Oracle by James Rollins. It’s the fourth book in his Sigma Force series and it’s full of history, science, suspense, mystery, and action. Check out his website for an excerpt and to see a list of his other books.

The weekend came to an end with Craig’s soccer game last night, where he got a yellow card because he took a guy out. It’s not as bad as it sounds, he just tackled the guy. The game ended in a tie, but it was a well fought game with lots of drama. His team is great with drama, considering they are all grown men.

What did you do this weekend, anything exciting?

0 comments:

Post a Comment