Thursday, July 9, 2009

Please silence your kids!

It should say this before a movie “Please silence your cell phones and your noisy kids before the movie.” Either that or the movie theater should have a strict limit on what age should be allowed into the movie, a loud and seemingly scary movie at that, regardless if a parent is present.

Sorry to all you parents reading this, but if you pay $8.50 to watch a movie, you shouldn’t have to put up with talkative and screaming kids that are 4 years old and sitting right in front of you.

Last night, Craig and I went to see Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. At a major part of the movie, the young kiddo in front of us stood up and wanted to have a conversation. Maybe the parents can tune that noise out, but I can’t. It was so distracting that I had to say something his mom. It was only then that they tried to keep the kid seated and quiet.

Geez… you have a theater full of people and they have no courtesy for those watching the movie. Get with it people… you’re not the only one on the planet.

If I wanted to hear babies during the movie, I would have gone to see a matinee Disney film. Instead, we saw a loud, blow-em up, action, thriller at 9 p.m. on a Wednesday. Who brings their young kid to see this?

Sigh. I’m stepping off my soap box now.

For those interested, the movie was good, although much darker than the first. I would say the first movie is fluffy, getting the full story with a feel good ending. The second is more action packed, lots of moving parts (no pun intended), with highs and lows periodically placed throughout the movie. Again directed by Michael Bay, the one thing I wasn’t fond of was some of the scenes where people were falling. Their scream couldn’t have sounded more fake to me. And some of the effects looked like they didn’t take their time in post-editing. Also, those that have seen it, did you think Megan Fox’s lips look like she’s trying to be Angelina?

Over all, I think the movie is worth seeing, especially if you saw the first one, and definitely see it in the theater were you can get the big booms and bangs during the action.

2 comments:

Joy said...

So I'm not the only one who notice the collagen on Megan Fox. She looked so much better in the first film! Why can't pretty girls just leave themselves alone? Why must they all strive to look like freaks?

Kaylan Eastepp said...

oh, I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one. I pointed it out to Craig and he was like "I didn't notice anything thing." hum... right.

Post a Comment