Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Welcome to the Wilderness

Our hike this weekend was great. We met a group of adventurers at Backwoods in Fort Worth and set off for Eagle Mountain Lake.

We all agreed on a path and went from there. You go at your own pace and have a great time in the wilderness. It’s was kind of chilly at first, but as we got into the harder terrain, we were almost sweating. This picture is of my favorite part. It’s flat and has the canopy of trees that will be so beautiful when the leaves come out. It reminded us an English country manor road leading up to a lovely cottage. I want this to be my driveway.



Here, we’re at the top of the scenic overlook.








I really enjoyed getting out early in the morning and experiencing nature. I can’t wait to go back.

This weekend is sure to be fun times. St. Paddy’s Day in Dallas! Since Craig isn’t working in retail, we’ll actually be able to experience more than in the past. We plan on cheering on our Pirate Friends as they race in the Dash Down Greenville and then enjoying the parade and plenty of beer!

What are your plans for the weekend?


1 comments:

NatureCat said...

The outdoors is so great; it really clears the mind. I love your pics. I think I "should" clean the house this weekend, especially my office. But we'll see what happens. I'd rather be outdoors for sure.

Post a Comment