Friday, March 12, 2010

Canvas + Paint + Kaylan = Art

Move over Picasso. Step aside Monet. There is a new painter in town and there’s only room for one in the Eastepp Gallery for the Arts.

Okay, so I’m not Picasso or Monet… I’m not even Dali worthy… but I have unleashed a new found love of painting.

Last night, M from Yoyo’s House met me at Painting with a Twist in Grapevine. I wasn’t sure what to expect or if I’d be any good. But two of the rules stated:
1. Remember to have fun.
2. Remember to drink your wine!

M and I accomplished both of those rules and created beautiful pieces of art ready for a blank wall and a longing nail.

They call this “Moonlight Cherry Blossoms.” I call it art.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Job! I knew you would like this.. glad you got to try it~Carole.

Joy said...

Excellent work. Are you going to start wearing a beret and smoking cigarettes with one of those long cigarette holder thingys? I think you should. It's what all the artists do right?

NatureCat said...

OMG...can I buy this piece??? Awesome! I painted in high school and then it kind of dropped from my hobby list, but I would love to get back into it. You definitely have some mad skillz Eastepp!

Kaylan Eastepp said...

CJR - a beret would be fun, but do I actually have to smoke the cigarette? the long cigarette holder thingy is cool, but smoking... not so much.

NatureCat - thanks for the props on my "mad skillz"... it was all in the instructor. Next time you're DFW for a weekend, you should try it.

Post a Comment