Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snowy Weather

Don’t you just love winter weather in North Texas? If you’re not from here, please replace “winter weather” with “patchy, freezing drizzle which will turn to ice on overpasses and elevated surfaces.”

Schools and businesses shut down and people drive really slow. It took me almost 45 minutes to get to work this morning… it typically only takes me 25 minutes with minimal traffic.

Even with all the slowness, I love the cold. It’s a time to brew a splendid cup of hot mocha, wrap up in a blanket on the sofa in front of a fire (or fake fireplace like at my house), and read a good book. Monkey will curl up with me and Maddie will sleep on the floor in front of the fire.

You may ask where Craig is during all of this lazy warmth at home. Well, as he said this morning, that’s the life of retail, “You must go in if the mall is open.” I happen to know that the city of Allen, Plano, and their respective ISD’s are closed today… but Christmas shopping must go on!

Okay, I’m not at home either… I braved the icy bridges to make it into to work this morning.

I snapped a few pictures of the snowy… uh, I mean icy field that I can see from the balcony.



But it shouldn’t be much of a surprise that I love snow, at least not for those of you that have seen my office during Christmas. I have an over infatuation with snowmen. I just think they are too cute. My office is decked out with them this time of year. (16 snowmen on my credenza, 4 on the wall, and 2 on my desk.)

I’ll be making my own snowman in 20 days during our ski trip to Copper Mountain, Colorado with our friends Allen & Michelle McCarty. Bring on the cold weather!

1 comments:

Laura and Lane said...

Man, I didn't even look out the window that day!

Post a Comment