Thursday, December 18, 2008

Cheese Whiz

Have you ever wondered why cheese tastes so good?

I mean seriously, it’s probably my favorite food. Just think about it for a moment. If you put cheese on some foods that you absolutely don’t like, the cheese suddenly makes it bearable to eat. For example, I hate cooked spinach. I thought it was because my mom made me eat it as a kid, but I tried it again a few months back, and yep, I still hate it. But when you add cheese to it, like in spinach artichoke dip, suddenly, it tastes so good I almost don’t want to share.

Think about the last time you were at a party where there wasn’t a cheese tray. Can’t think of one can you? My company holiday party was just a few weeks ago. One of the main things I love about our holiday party is that there is always a cheese table full of fun cheeses I wouldn’t think to purchase in the store. This year’s party didn’t disappoint! There was a huge table stacked with three levels full of fun and exciting cheeses just waiting to be devoured!

Cheese table at the Rangers holiday party









Then the next night was Craig’s holiday party. But of course there would be the standard cheese plate, but they didn’t stop there. Oh no, they had a special cheese cutting board with horseradish flavored cheese. Talk about yumm-o. Then someone else brought a cheese spread that had been shipped in from Wisconsin, the cheese head capitol! I immediately fit in with Craig’s new employees.
If they love cheese, I love them!

So many foods include cheese, some of best foods, if you ask me. I mean, who can resist:
Nachos
Tacos/Taco Salad
Enchiladas (especially cheese enchiladas)
Queso and chips
Chicken Tortilla Soup

And I’m not just talking about Tex-Mex, either:
Lasagna
Ravioli
Tortellini
Pizza (and you know I love the cheese pizza)
Mac ‘n cheese (the quintessential of all foods with cheese)
Grilled cheese

But forget all the cooked dishes with cheese, you can put it right on top of veggies and they are suddenly scarfed down by hungry, cheese loving, people.

Most salads (two of my favorites - greek (feta), caesar (parmesan))
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Potatoes
Tomatoes
I even put feta in my green beans with some red onions

You can even find cheese in deserts, too. Who doesn’t like cheese cake after a nice meal?

Want something for a quick appetizer? Put some cream cheese on plate and cover it with:
Salsa and eat it with corn chips
Jalapeno jelly and eat it with wheat thins
Chipotle raspberry sauce and eat it with wheat thins

Talk about some good crudités!

All this talk about cheese has made me hungry… is it time for lunch yet? Not quite, but I think I’ll eat my string cheese now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment