Monday, December 15, 2008

My First Blog

So, I’ve never really blogged before, but I guess you can tell that by the title of this one. I feel like there is nothing really exciting in my life to share. But I read a good friends blog the other day that really made me want to try… so here goes.

My life is simple. I have a wonderful husband, Craig, and two fur kids, Monkey (really a cat) and Maddie (our dog). I work for the Texas Rangers Baseball Club as the marketing manager and Craig works for Bailey, Banks, and Biddle as the store manager of the Shops and Willow Bend location.

This time of year is always stressful for us. Not only because it’s Christmas time but because Craig’s in retail and works ungodly hours. This year seems to be a tad harder than what I remember, 1. because he works in freaking Plano – 45 minutes away from our home and 2. the economy is hitting people pretty hard and they aren’t buying luxury items – like jewelry from Baileys. Things will pick up, or at least I’m praying they will.

For my job, it’s pretty slow this time of year. For those of you that think we do nothing during the offseason, you’re wrong! A few weeks after the season ends, we start preparing for the next season. I’ve already cranked out several brochures for 2009 already! I feel a head of the game!

By the way 113 days until the Rangers home opener on Monday, April 6!

1 comments:

Laura and Lane said...

Yay!! You're a blogger!! I am so excited. You are going on my list of blogs I read all the time! :) Can't wait to read more and by the way - NICE first post!

Post a Comment