Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Survey Says…

Well, I’ve decided what I’m going to do about the reunion. First, let me thank those of you that provided an opinion. Everyone’s individual comments were very helpful in settling my internal struggle.

Survey Says…
I’m not going to go to the reunion. I know, mom, I told you I was going. But if I had only done a little more research before I posted my last blog, I wouldn’t have needed to ask for help.

Turns out none of my close high school friends are going. I semi-quasi took Jennjilla’s advice (see comments from last blog if you haven’t already done so) and looked up my friends on facebook. Many of them were my friends already, but I had neglected to ask them if they were planning on going.

Now that I have, none of them are and we’re going to set up a mini-reunion for those of us that still care about each other. This way we’ll also be able to meet their little kids, too.

This has really been weighing on my mind lately and I’m so glad it’s over. Thanks again for all the advice and opinions.

Now on to the fun stuff; the following links are some pictures from Rangers Opening Day 2009 and the flowers and herbs in my yard.


Flowers in the Yard

Craig and I did some yard work this past Sunday and you’ll see a picture of a giant snail we found. His name is Sticky Fingers MaGoo, named after our deceased saltwater snail – Sticky Fingers MaGee.

Rangers Opening Day 2009

Ole, ole, ole, ole!
I hope you have a wonderful CINCO de MAYO and enjoy some sort of Mexican favorite. I prefer a margarita while enjoying cheese or chicken enchiladas with rice and beans. I won’t be having the ‘grita tonight, but I’m making my mom’s delicious chicken enchiladas tonight.

I’m sure she won’t mind, and if she does, I’ll remove it… but here is the recipe incase you would like to celebrate Cinco de Mayo – Whetstone/Eastepp style.

Mom’s chicken enchilada recipe

Ingredients:
3-4 skinless/ boneless chicken breasts
Corn tortillas
2 tablespoons of oil
1 medium white onion, chopped (optional)
Monterey Jack Cheese, slices and shredded

Sauce:
1 can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 soup can of milk
1 carton - 8 oz. sour cream

Directions:
Boil Chicken with a little salt and pepper in the water to season
Shred chicken in a bowl
Heat oil in pan on stove and soften the tortillas by rolling in the oil for a few seconds.

Roll chicken, onion, and a cheese slice in tortillas placing them in a row in a shallow baking dish.

In a small sauce pan, heat Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup, soup can of milk, and 8 oz. sour cream

Pour sauce over tortillas. Cover with shredded Monterey Jack Cheese and garnish with jalapeno peppers.

Bake at 325° F until heated through and sauce is bubbly. To brown cheese, broil until melted and light brown.

Enjoy.


0 comments:

Post a Comment