Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Adventures in Driving

The on ramp I use everyday on my way to work was closed for construction this morning. No message from the City of Hurst yesterday saying this on ramp would be closed. I was on my happy way this morning thinking everything would be fine and dandy until I made the turn to get on the freeway.

ARGGG… close my on ramp? Not while I’m trying to get to work. ARGGG… time to detour. Well, Craig is a few cars behind me this morning. I get to the light past the closed on ramp… only one lane goes straight through the light. Next thing I know, I see Craig zooming past me in the left hand turn lane! I watch ahead thinking no one will let him in, they’ve all waiting in line PATIENTLY (like me). But to my dismay, he cuts in and makes it through the light. Double ARGGG. I end up making it to the on ramp through a slight detour and get on the freeway. But traffic is slow going where I get on. I’m frustrated, angry at every driver, and just ready to get out of traffic.

Finally, the road clears up a bit and I make it into the fast lane. I go a little more than a mile before I have the best laugh in a long time. I see a moving truck with the truck sticking out of the back end. I know, you’re probably thinking I’m crazy, but to prove I’m not, I took a picture to post online!

I call this picture “Truck in a Truck!”

Hope you’re able to laugh today when you might need it the most!

0 comments:

Post a Comment