Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Balloons

Last night was Suzanna’s 4th birthday party. I still can’t believe our little niece is 4. I feel like she was just a little baby yesterday.

Her party was at Carole and Blue’s country club, Brookhaven, in Farmers Branch. It was actually a decent drive over there after work and I found the road to be soothing after a long day. Strange, huh? Anyway, her party was completely pink and she got tons of Barbie and princess stuff. Just what she needs, more girly dolls. I’m sure I got plenty of girly things when I was younger, but I quickly turned to sports, micro machines, and more boyish things. In watching Suzanna last night, I don’t think she’ll make that change, but I hope she takes an interest in sports, sometimes it’s a great way to meet guys. Not that she needs to worry about that now, but I digress.

Back to last night’s party. Oh, to be 4 again and only care about playing games and keeping the balloons on my arm. At one point, Craig’s dad, David, thought Suzanna had a hold of the balloons, but she didn’t. The balloons slowly drifted toward the 10 ft. high ceiling and Suzanna started to wail. With her crying, you would have thought the balloons were going to travel to the moon and she was never going to see them again. David quickly reached up and got them, but it took a few minutes of consoling by Carole for Suzanna to really believe the balloons were going to stay firmly on her arm – thanks to the slip knot I tied for her. Before we knew it, she was tired of the balloons and wanted to play a game without the bothersome string on her arm. Silly girl.

All-in-all, it was a good time. It’s fun to watch her grow up, because while she’s young, she makes me feel like a kid again.

Sorry, no pictures from the party. I accidently left my camera in the car and Carole only had a disposable camera with her… there’s always next year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment