Thursday, January 8, 2009

Copper Mountain

We’ve been in Colorado for two full days and what an adventure it has been.

We’re staying in the Snowshoe Motel in Frisco, Colorado. Frisco is between Breckenridge and Copper Mountain. We’re skiing at Copper.

We have a little kitchenette in our motel room so we don’t have to spend a ton of money while eating out. It’s a great concept, if the oven was working. So far we haven’t been able to eat our pizza because it’s not working. But the stove top works, so we’ve had potato soup and tacos. All and all, it’s not too bad.

It’s been snowing the whole time we’ve been here. Yesterday was windy and cold as the winter storm was moving in. Today, we woke up to 10 new inches of snow! The skiing conditions are better today than yesterday. Not near as many people because you can’t see very far and the runs have tons of fresh power… knee deep in some places. It is loads of fun skiing when you can’t even see your knees. I love to ski.

Craig has gotten really good on his snowboard. He can ride the mountain like it’s no body’s business.

Allen and Michelle aren’t doing too badly either. They took a lesson yesterday and we picked up with them today. Michelle is really good at snaking down the mountain. Allen is getting the hang of it, but he’s really good at going fast.

Yesterday while we were waiting for them to finish with their lesson, Craig and I were defrosting at Union Station, a little indoor rental and locker place. The skis and snowboard were outside in the racks just outside the door. When we finally met up with Allen and Michelle and were ready to head back to Frisco, we noticed my skis were missing. I was freaking out! If you don’t know, I own my skis.

I went back inside and had, Tyler, the person behind the desk, call security. When the security guard arrived, he took down my information and a description of my skis. I asked him what the chances are that I would get my skis back, and he said only 7% of skis are returned. I lost it. I could barely look at the people after that because tears were streaming down my face. Craig was so mad he had to keep going outside in the cold to cool off.

After filling out the paper work, we started to head over to lost and found to see if they had been turned it. We noticed that there was a pair of skis still in the rack that looked similar to mine and we through they might have picked mine up by mistake. We went back in to see if they could look up the person’s name and/or number to see if the resort could call the person. We brought the skis in and I memorized the rental number. At that location, they couldn’t look up the renters name… talk about a bad feeling.

We then headed over to lost and found. They were able to look up the persons number based on the rental number I memorized, but couldn’t contact them right then. It was just a waiting game now.

We hopped on the bus to bring us back to Frisco. Talk about a long ride home. I didn’t look up once because I was praying the whole time that God would help those people be honest and bring the skis back.

God answered my prayers (and those of Allen, Michelle, and Craig)! We received a phone call when we were walking in the door of the motel saying that they picked up the wrong pair of skis by mistake.

My skis were waiting for me this morning at lost and found! I was so happy that I kissed my skis when I got them back.

I’m one of the 7% of people whose skis are returned… what a good feeling!

1 comments:

Joy said...

Praise God! I'm so glad you got your skis back! I wish I were there with you. Sometime soon you and Craig and me and G should all take a trip together. Have fun!

Post a Comment