Thursday, December 10, 2009

Book Ends: -- Between the Pages --

I've read a few books since my last book post, so I'd like to catch you up on some page turners.

1. I recently finished reading Atlantis Prophecy by Thomas Greanias. It's the second in the series, but the first one I read - the City of Hurst Library didn't have the first one.
I would suggest starting with Atlantis Raising. There were a few parts of the book that I think carried over from the first one, so I didn't get all the "inside jokes", but it wasn't too distracting.
If you like books like The DaVinci Code or Angels and Demons, you'll like this. It's set in Washington D.C., so think about the movie National Treasure mixed with DaVinci Code.
Next book in the series: The Atlantis Revelation -- Definitely one that I’ll pick up at the library.

2. The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks
I borrowed this one from a friend (thanks, Michelle) and to be honest, I didn't think I would like it. I'm not a big sappy story reader. I don't like to cry. I don't like to read sad stories. I don't typically like love stories. And this definitely wasn't my usual mystery/suspense kind of book. But after the first chapter, I was hooked. I know he's a well known author, but geez, he's good. He really sucks you in and while the story is pretty predicable, it was still a page turner.

Let's put it this way, I didn't think I would read the other two books I borrowed, but I'm now on the second Nicholas Sparks book!

3. Which brings me to what I'm currently reading - The Choice by Nicholas Sparks

Also borrowed from Michelle, it's an engaging short read that keeps me awake at night because all I want to do is see what happens next.



If you haven't read one of the many Sparks books, I recommend either of these as a launching point. But do not hold me accountable for sleepless nights and the addiction that may ensue for more of his books.


Happy reading.

1 comments:

Michelle said...

Yea, I'm so glad you enjoyed the books. A piece of my brain always worries about recomendations, and the other part of my brain says, go with your gut. Tonight you can catch up on sleep as long as your book in hand is not Mr. Sparks!

Post a Comment