Monday, August 31, 2009

Progress

I feel like I made some serious progress this weekend. Not only did I get the majority of my “list of things” done, I completed a few things I left off.

Here was my list from Friday:
1. Check, check, and check - Workout (tonight is turbo kickboxing, tomorrow is weight lifting and a calm & core class, and Sunday is yoga.)
2. I don’t get a check, but Craig does! - Mow the overgrown jungle that is my yard - front and back... yikes.
3. Check Plus - Laundry and lots of it (I was lazy last weekend).
4. Check Minus - Attempt to de-clutter the guest bedroom and office.

Even though I only tackled the guest bedroom (because I selfishly wanted to be outside on Sunday), I still got plenty done around the house.

Like:
1. Clean up the back porch
2. Vacuum the house and the couches
3. Dust the furniture
4. Make cute heart cakes for dessert – yum-o.

My pride and joy for the weekend: I did a serious overhaul on the back porch. Since it’s so hot outside, we don’t typically spend much time in the back yard. And with Maddie digging a big hole near the porch, we had dirt everywhere. After shoveling and sweeping the dirt back into the hole, I decided to clean the rest of the porch, too. Two hours later, it was complete. I feel so much better.

We would have eaten dinner outside last night if it weren’t for the plethora of mosquitoes that automatically started sucking my blood when I went to show Craig my accomplishment with the porch. Not one mosquito on him… not one, but my legs were covered with them. Drat. So we ate inside, but I still feel great about the way our porch looks.

Did you get anything accomplished this weekend?

1 comments:

Michelle said...

Normally I'd say YES, but actually the only thing I got done was I cleaned the kitchen which only really consisted of unloading/loading the dishwasher! I'm calling our past weekened, "Fun nights & Fun Sunday!" I know you will laugh b/c you know me and I'm always doing some kind of house chore.

Post a Comment