Monday, March 2, 2009

Independence Day

173 years ago today, Texas became its own Republic by breaking away from the Mexican Government. Many men, women, and children lost their lives defending a land we now know as Texas.

I take great pride in knowing that the state which I am from has such a rich history and I proudly fly my Texas flag today in honor of her Independence Day.

First flag of Texas


Texas Declaration of Independence


Today’s Flag


Pledge of Allegiance to the Texas Flag (from how I remember it in elementary school, but it has changed since then.)
Honor the Texas flag;
I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one and indivisible.

On a difference note, I hung out with my brother and Craig on Sunday. We were goofing around after watching the
Saturday Night Live Digital Short – On a Boat (check it out on youtube here). We tried to recreate a portion of the short video while we were driving around on Sunday. We didn’t get much, and the video is sideways, but it’s still funny. At least it’s funny to us.

Check out the short video.
J**zed in my Pants
D**k in a Box

Enjoy your Texas Independence Day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment