Monday, February 16, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

Beer Slushy – Friday Night
This weekend, Craig and I hung out with our family. Clint, Craig's brother, came in town to blow off some steam from his turbulent life. On Friday night, Doss, Molly, Craig and I met Clint, Carole, and Blue at a BBQ joint in Saginaw called the Texas Pit BBQ. It was an odd little place where you order and pay for your food in the back, but you bought your beer at the bar.

Anyway, they had the coldest beer I’ve ever had. And I’m not exaggerating. I had a Blue Moon Beer Slushy. They keep their beer mugs in dry ice on Friday and Saturday night so your beer is extra cold. It’s so cold, it turns to ice! I can’t wait to go back there for another beer… yumm-o. While the food was good, I wouldn’t go back just for the food.

Sorry for the fuzzy image, it was taken on my phone, but it’s the best picture of the night.


Hugs & Kisses – Saturday Night
Craig and I love to cook together so we had a nice, quite dinner at home on Saturday for Valentine’s Day. We had a great spread that couldn’t have been more perfect.

Appetizer – Artichoke and Fontina Dip with bell pepper dippers and crunchy garlic parmesan flat bread crackers.
Main Course – Ahi Tuna Steaks cooked rare with Wasabi Lemon sauce, Artichoke Risotto, Sautéed Asparagus, and Cauliflower with cheese.
Dessert – Molten Chocolate cake in the shape of a heart!
Drink – Estancia Chardonnay with dinner and Estancia Pinot Noir with dessert.

I’m getting hungry just thinking about it and I just had lunch!

Sunday Brunch
We tried at new church on Sunday. We’ve been going to Peace Lutheran for a few months now and we both like it but feel something is missing. We can’t put our finger on what it is, but we’re looking for something more. A co-worker told me about their church on Friday and spoke so passionately about his church that it made me want to go.

On Sunday we went to North Richland Hills Baptist Church off of Glenview and Hwy. 26. From the outside the sanctuary looks huge, but it’s nice and quaint on the inside. Craig and I both thought the message was speaking directly to us and the Pastor even said things that really apply to our lives. For example, the message was about Joy and how to be happy. The basic message I took away from the service was in order to be completely happy, I must have joy in my heart knowing that God is always there to guide me through life, even at the most difficult times. This is something I’ve always understood, but was presented in a way that just clicked.

The Pastor made comments like accept your situation, good or bad, with the joy that God is going to take care of you. If you don’t have a job, find joy in it; if your car broke down find joy in it; if you don’t like your job, find joy in it.

He said sometimes Christians will have a leak in their joy and forget to be happy with what God is giving us. The Pastor related it to a tire. If there is a hole in a tire, it will leak the air. If you patch it, the air will stay inside. Those Christians that have forgotten the way have a leaky tire and once they get back on the path to God, the leak will stop and they will be overflowing with His joy.

I really enjoyed the message from Sunday’s service, while I don’t think we’ll choose this as our home church, I feel like God wanted us to be there to hear the Pastor’s sermon.

I love the way God is so mysterious in his ways of speaking to us.

Check out this video that was sent to me, I like the message at the end.

0 comments:

Post a Comment